Life does not always give you what you expect, but we have come to trust that we are always where we are meant to be and with faith, hope, and love we can conquer anything. Most importantly, it really is all about the journey...

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Eleven

11 fun facts from this day 11 years ago:

1. When I woke up in the hotel room with my girls (the hotel our reception was to be held at later that day) and we could hear the sound of construction trucks paving the parking lot that would be filled with my guests cars in just a few short hours. There may have been more than a moment of panic and me rushing down the hall in my pajamas to question what was going on.

2. We were married in Saint Patrick's Church on Tipperary Hill in Syracuse. The same beautiful old church I was baptized in, made my First Holy Communion, First Reconciliation, and was confirmed in - in addition to having grown up just blocks away and attended elementary school across the street.


3. It was HOT. As in so stifling that even if we were dressed in typical summer garb we would have been uncomfortably warm. In formal wear in an unairconditioned church it was nearly unbearable. Needless to say, the multiple levels of tulle of my dress did not let heat escape and even after being in the air conditioning for hours I was still sweltering and at one point had my bridesmaid and good friend, Melissa, was on the floor holding glasses of ice on the backs of my legs and the bartender came over and put a cold cloth of my neck.

4. We had a BIG wedding party: 16 attendants, 5 flower girls, and a ring bearer.


5. We had pictures taken at the Thornden Park Rose Garden - and there were still roses blooming in August.


6. It rained shortly after we reached the reception - just enough to say it was good luck for us!

7. Our first dance was to Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World.



8. Vince shocked many unsuspecting guests with his epic dancing to Michael Jackson's The Way You Make Me Feel.

9. Our best man - and more than one groomsmen - were not of legal drinking age. And of course they drank only water all night. :-)

10. There was a cake smashing incident. It may have started with Vince smearing a little frosting on my face, but it definitely ended with him having cake up his nose.


11. Checking out of the hotel the next morning and the woman at the counter exclaimed, "That was your wedding last night? You guys had a PARTY!"



No comments:

Post a Comment